After watching a Youtuber scandal related to sexual harassment recently, I can't stay in silence and can't resist writing a blog post about my personal thought.
Back in the days, I felt uncomfortable watching this guy's prank video on youtube and I was amazed by how many subscribers that he had.
I myself has been through the situation of being sexually harrassed. Like any other girl, I hid my story and didn't tell anyone since then. The only person who knew one of the incidents was my younger brother who had been there with me when the event happened.
Luckily, I didn't suffer serious emotional breakdown (at least I'm totally over it now I think) but what happened to me is still a scar that will never be erased in my memory. Those bad experiences really changed the way I behave with other boys, and man in general. I became extremely careful and conscious whenever one talk to me or even just simply walk nearby. Though I don't have much thought at that moment, like "gosh, that man is dangerous" "the way he look at me is so creepy" or "help, he's trying to approach me", it just became an instinct inside telling me to keep a safe distance with them.
In the future if I have children, I surely keep an eye on them and try my best to show them how to self-protect. I've been there before and I know kids won't tell if they ever been harassed. So it's better to protect them before bad thing happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment